How To Wear a Jumpsuit
How To Wear a Jumpsuit
Estimated reading time: 6 minutes
Discover the magic of the RVCA Jumper in this must-read blog post, packed with jumpsuit fashion tips, outfit ideas, and accessorizing secrets. Master casual jumpsuit styles and the jumpsuit dressing guide to elevate your wardrobe game. Perfect for women seeking fashion advice on how to wear a jumpsuit, this blog post is your key to unlocking jumpsuit confidence!
What is a Jumpsuit?
A jumpsuit is a one-piece garment that covers the torso and legs. Jumpsuits are also called romper suits, which is a term that came about in the 1920s when women started wearing them at home instead of suits or dresses. The name “romper” comes from their similarity to rompers (like the short outfits meant for babies).
The popularity of jumpsuits has fluctuated over time: They were very popular in the 1940s and 1950s but fell out of favor during the 1960s when miniskirts became all the rage; however, they returned again in 1980 as part of punk fashion before falling out again until recently when celebrities like Rihanna began wearing them again on stage at award shows!
Check out the history of jumpsuits.
Styling Tips for jumpsuits
- Choose the right jumpsuit.
- Accessorize your jumpsuit.
- Layer your jumpsuit.
jumpsuit Outfit Ideas
How To Wear a Jumpsuit: Casual Outfits
For daytime outfits, you can pair your jumpsuit with a denim jacket or t-shirt. For a more casual look, try pairing it with sneakers and jeans.
Shop nordstrom outfits here
styling jumpsuits for Evening Outfits
- Jumpsuit and blazer: A jumpsuit is a great option for an evening out, especially if you're looking for something that is both comfortable and stylish. Pairing it with a blazer adds some structure to the outfit while keeping things casual.
- Jumpsuit and heels: If you have an event where heels are required (or just want to wear some), this is one of the best ways to make sure your look doesn't feel too casual or overdone. The contrast between the two pieces can be striking without being over-the-top–and if done right, it'll help keep everything balanced!
- Jumpsuit and clutch: This combination works well because both pieces are relatively small in size so they don't take up too much space on your body at once. Plus there's nothing more chic than carrying around something tiny like this little clutch!
Shop Date Night Styles
How To Wear a Jumpsuit Styles
Jumpsuits come in many different styles. Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Wide leg jumpsuits: These have wide legs that can be worn loose or belted at the waist. They're great for showing off your curves, but they also look amazing on tall women who want to elongate their legs.
- Culotte jumpsuits: Culottes are pants that end above the ankle–think of them like a cross between shorts and capris! They're perfect for summer weather because they're lightweight and easy to wear with sandals or flats (or even boots if it gets cold!).
- Strapless jumpsuits: These are usually made out of jersey material so they'll drape nicely over your body shape without needing any support from straps (though some do include thin shoulder straps). They're great if you want something low-maintenance yet still stylish enough for work or date night!
Shop Wide Leg Jumpers
When it comes to the fabric of your jumpsuit, there are many options. You can choose cotton or linen if you're looking for a more casual look. Silk is another great option if you want something that will keep its shape and feel luxurious on your skin. Velvet is another popular choice among fashionistas because it gives off a sexy vibe–and who doesn't want that?
Denim jumpsuits are rapidly becoming more popular as well.
Colors & Patterns for jumpsuits
Solid color jumpsuits are the most basic and easy to wear. They can be worn with any type of shoe.
Printed jumpsuits are great if you want a little more color in your life, but don't want to go full on floral. If you have an interesting print on your jumpsuit, try pairing it with plain shoes that match one of the colors in your outfit (for example: if there's yellow on the front of your jumpsuit, wear black heels). This will help draw attention away from all those busy patterns!
Floral patterns are perfect for springtime weddings or outdoor festivals–they're light enough for warmer weather yet still dressy enough for special occasions.
How To Wear a Jumpsuits With Patterns
Accessories are a great way to add some personality to your jumpsuit. Scarves, jewelry, hats and bags all make great accessories for this look.
We hope that you've found this guide to be helpful, and we encourage you to share it with your friends and family. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out!
Jumpsuits are great because they can make even the most basic outfit look stylish and put together. You don't need an expensive designer one–you can find some great options at affordable prices online or in stores like Target. Just remember: if it doesn't fit right, don't buy it!
If your jumpsuit is too long or short for your body type (or if there's something else about the fit that bothers you), consider having it tailored by a professional seamstress before wearing it. Remember when you feel great you look great.